Are you a Citizen Science project?
IMPETUS wants to hear from you!
In a Nutshell
IMPETUS 2nd Joint Open Call is now open for:
The IMPETUS Accelerator Programme
European Union Prize for citizen science.
Let’s start with the Accelerator Programme.
It has two grants:
- Kickstarting grants: If you start a project, successful applicants will receive €20,000, mentoring and training support to help start your initiative for a period of six months.
- Sustaining grants: If you are an ongoing project, successful applicants will receive €10,000, mentoring and training support for a period of six months.
The challenges or topics of this year’s Accelerator are “Sustainable Lifestyles”, “Justice and Equity” and “Citizen Science with and for Communities“. This means that your project should address and relate to these topics.
Who can apply? Individuals, legal entities, and consortia established in a country or territory eligible to receive Horizon Europe grants are eligible to apply. EU Member States or third countries in Europe that are associated or negotiating an association agreement with Horizon Europe.
The funding can be spent on salaries, equipment, consumables, travel, and subcontracting in accordance with Horizon Europe guidelines.
- thinking of starting a new citizen science project;
- an ongoing citizen science project looking for support, financial and otherwise, to grow and become sustainable;
- a researcher or a research team seeking to resource a new citizen science project;
- a community interested in co-designing research on the topics related to our challenges: Sustainable Lifestyles, Justice and Equity, and Citizen Science for and With Communities
- an organisation in public, private and third sectors exploring the use of citizen science in their work.
Get in touch if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The European Union Prize for citizen science.
The second part of this call will recognize outstanding citizen science initiatives, with one €60,000 Grand Prize and a Diversity & Collaboration and Digital Communities awards with €20,000 each, plus 27 honorary mentions to boost recognition. Here you will find all the information about how to apply for the prizes:
We are particularly interested in applications that propose novel, less explored participatory roles for citizens and other key stakeholders and that engage with marginalised, underrepresented or disadvantaged groups.
We are striving to translate our one-page description of the IMPETUS calls into as many languages as possible.
Click here to view the translated call descriptions.
We are planning to add further translations of the call description soon!
IMPETUS Open Call launch: 10th January 2024,12:00 pm (noon) CET
Prize Call Closes: 11th March 2024, 23:59 CET
Accelerator Call Closes: 14th March 2024,12:00 pm (noon) CET
If you have any questions about the call, we will run two webinars to help you with your application process.
Watch our first Webinar here!
Or arrange a 1-2-1 chat with a member of the IMPETUS team!
If you have a specific question about the IMPETUS Accelerator or the application process, please feel free to arrange a quick chat with a member of the IMPETUS team.
We do recommend that before you book a session, you first attend one of our webinars above, as we may address this query and many others during this conversation.
Please come with your specific questions and comments ready.
Click on the button below to book your 1-2-1 chat.