IMPETUS is a project funded by the European Commission to support and give recognition to citizen science in Europe.
Impetus’ goal is to:
- enable more diverse citizen science initiatives to access funding;
- bring citizen science closer to society and policymakers;
- acknowledge the role of citizen science in tackling the greatest challenges of our times; and
- enable citizen science initiatives to contribute to Green Deal and UN Sustainable Development Goal commitments.
IMPETUS will do this by directly funding and supporting citizen science initiatives selected through open calls; awarding the European Union Prize for Citizen Science to outstanding projects; and developing resources that help citizen science initiatives become more impactful and sustainable.
We have this open call to recruit engaged people to conform “The IMPETUS Citizen Panel” that will work with the project consortium to:
- define challenges for our open accelerator call – the method we use to recruit citizen science initiatives that will receive funding and support;
- contribute to the nomination and selection of the European Union Prize for Citizen Science; and
- help spread the word about citizen science in Europe, and Impetus’ mission.
Who are we looking for?
You should be passionate about citizen science or citizen engagement to join and be able to spend one or two hours per week on it between October and April. The panel will meet online, and be active for at least three years, but you can leave it at any time. The working language of the panel will be English. Participation in the panel is voluntary.
What will you gain as a panel member?
As a panel member, you can participate in the above activities, and also gain access to the Impetus accelerator training programme; gain a free festival pass to the Ars Electronica Festival in Linz, Austria; have your profile presented on the Impetus website – and most importantly, influence what type of citizen science initiatives Impetus is going to fund!
Apply here! Applications can be submitted until noon on the 24th of October 2022.
For any questions, please reach out to Gefion Thuermer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact details submitted through this form will only be used for the purpose of selecting and contacting citizen panel members.