The Accelerator is a planned and structured programme that includes training activities, mentoring and financial support for the Citizen Science Initiatives (CSIs) that are selected in the IMPETUS annual Open Calls.
The objective is to help the CSIs in delivering a six-month citizen science project, maximising their scientific, social, economic, democratic, and environmental impacts towards the Sustainable Development Goals and the Green Deal targets.
- A one-week bootcamp: Intensive training at the start of the accelerator on EDI (equity, diversity, inclusion), citizen engagement strategies, policy impact, communication strategies with 4H stakeholders, quality data, ethics and impact assessment;
- Online mentoring during the project execution provided by citizen science experts;
- Specific training covering specific expressed needs on knowledge & skills;
- “Aperitive sessions” to promote peer learning and networking within and between pilot cohorts, also creating bridges with external communities of interest.
- Promotion via news on the IMPETUS website and on social media, as well as presenting opportunities at the IMPETUS conference and other related events;
- Financial support of €20,000 (for kickstarting projects) or €10,000 (for sustaining projects)
The first edition of the IMPETUS Accelerator runs between 15 June and 15 December 2023.